Wednesday, July 13, 2005

How I Led Torpeh On

Yes, yes I admit it! I shamelessly led Torpeh on! I was so excited, I was on the verge of kilig. There was a lot of action going on between us as we were going home last Monday night.

Huh? No, no, I’m not promiscuous. Torpeh is a girl (look at my entry ‘Suave Line For The Week’ down there), and no, I am very confident about my uh, sexual preference. I led her on because…

Well, anyway. Let me start from the beginning. I was driving home with Torpeh when she told me that she has a lunch date for tomorrow. He was her friend’s colleague from the company Tiger Woods is endorsing (at least I think he is – they keep on mentioning something about becoming a tiger in every one of their advertisements). I asked for the guy’s name and when she gave it to me, it sounded so familiar, I was sure that this guy was my batchmate from the school on the hill that I blurted out “Cute yaaan, cute yan go go go!!!”

Of course Torpeh, being the exuberant girl that she is, was immediately caught up with my enthusiasm. “Talaga?!?!?”she said. I told her that the guy (let’s call him Joaquin Magno – what the heck do I have with regal sounding names?!?) was the crush of one of my friends before. I think.

Yeah, see, the thing was, I can’t recall the guy’s (my friend’s crush) name. I think it was as regal sounding as Joaquin Magno’s name, but I was almost sure that it was almost the same guy. Almost. My memory falters. I must be getting senile.

I told her that I don’t know if we’re talking about the same guy, but I was almost sure that we are. Then she goes, “Ayan, tuloy, na-pe-pressure na ako…”Oh dear. “Let’s just cross our fingers and pray that we’re talking about the same guy,” I remarked, showing her my crossed fingers while banging it against the steering wheel for emphasis.

“Tell you what, I’ll go check my yearbook when I get home. Picturan ko siya and then I’ll send it to you through MMS,” I said, hoping to pacify her and at the same time fervently wishing that we were correct. She was looking at me with a frown on her face. To further alleviate her worries, I stated, unhelpfully, if I may add, “Okay fine, meron siyang malaking nunal sa mukha. As in yung kalahati ng mukha niya nunal…” while dissolving into giggles.

The first thing I did when I got home was to bring out my yearbook and search for Joaquin Magno. Uh-oh…wrong guy. My friend’s crush was named Marco pala. Patay. I texted Torpeh to confirm her worries – that we were not talking about the same guy. She still want me to send her a picture, so I did. Her feedback? “Waaaaaahhh mukhang totoy!!!”

So there. That is how I lead Torpeh on. I had good intentions, really. But for once, my usually sharp memory for details failed me. Blame it on my senility.

If you wanna know what happened on the lunch date, go here.


The Hill's Survey

Got this from one of by true blue friends and he tagged me...yech...oh well

1. What's your student number? 98---1
2. Did you pass Ateneo or was waitlisted? i passed
3. How did you know your ACET (Ateneo College Entrance Exam) result? Xtian told me
4. Is Ateneo your first choice? Yep
5. What is your ACET score? No idea
6. What course was your first choice? Mgt
7. Second choice? LM
8. Are you chinito? No
9. From Ateneo high? Err…yeah =P
10. Did you enjoy you orsem (orientation seminar)? Yep
11. What gate did you use on your first day? Gate 3
12. Did you live in a dorm? No
13. Did you ever get an "F"? no
14. How about an "A"? yes
15. Highest grade? A
16. Lowest? D
17. Worst experience in admu: lottery for registration. Try going to school around three am and you’ll see what I mean.
18. Did you always attend your classes? Yep
19. On scholarship? No
20. Did you dream of being "laude?" laude lang
21. When did you graduate? 2002
22. Fave teacher? Manny Dy and Tina Astorga
23. Worst teacher? Antonia Santos
24. Fave subject/s? Our core curriculum (philo, theo, socio, eco) and english literature
25. Worst subject? History 166
26. Favorite landmark in admu? Bel field
27. Building? Rizal lib
28. fave eating place? Caf, manang’s and the whole katipunan strip
29. Did you pay student rates in jeepneys? No
30. Are you always at the Rizal lib? Only to sleep and to cram for orals.
31. Ever gone to the infirmary? Once
32. Any crush on campus? A lot!
33. Girlfriend? Haha lots
34. Any plans to get a master's or a Ph. D.? in the future
35. What were your PE subjects? Ballroom dancing, fitness walking (duh?) and taekwondo
36. How was your block ? oh my…don’t get me started…they’re the best!
37. Ever watched a graduation? Yup
38. Memorized "Song for Mary?" oh yeah definitely
39. Memorized "Fabilioh?" no. what’s fabilioh?
40. How about "Halikinu?" oooohhhh. No.
41. How about "Blue Eagle Spelling?" yep
42. Are you a member of Team Ateneo? No
43. Who were your favorite UAAP basketball players? Tenorio!!!
44. Ever got "perfect" in an exam? Yep
45. What do you hate most about hell week? The wait
46. Did you learn how to smoke and drink there? No
47. What did you like about our school? Everything
48. What didn't you like? Parking and the lady guard sa lib
49. Bought anything in the A-shop? Yep
50. Did you look good in your ID pic? Ugh no
51. Did anything illegal inside the campus? U mean aside from sleeping at the lib for 5 hours?
52. Bought anything in National katips? Yup
53. Have you been to Starbucks katips? Yeah ewww
54. Want to study again? yep

1 Sentiments:

At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, u got antonia santos for history??? i swear, that woman is so whacko!!! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home