Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Date That Turned Out To Be Great

Went out with my office girlfriends last night to watch Juan Miguel's gig over at Racks El Pueblo. 'Twas my first time to go to a 'gig' and boy oh boy, I think we would've made a very big and weird impression if we just wore our office clothes. The crowd was so young, most of them were obviously college kids. I remarked to Suave, "This is the crowd wherein they still ask their parents for gimik money..." and she affirmed with a snicker and a nod of her head.

The music was so loud, I thought my eardrums were gonna pop out of my head. Stress! Menaya played first, and they sound good. They have promise! (*Hint hint* to someone!!!) After their set, the band Hale was setting up and over the speakers came out Barry White's song "Can't Get Enough of Your Love." Me, Torpeh, Suave and Idith was bobbing our heads to the beat of the song. I remarked, "We really must be getting old...we're liking Barry White and swaying to his song!"

Hale was good, though I kept on yawning and looking at my watch. I really am getting old...'twas just 11:30pm and I was already having difficulty keeping my eyes open, considering the live music was so freakin' loud. The girls and I went out in the middle of Hale's set to get some fresh air, 'coz the cigarette fumes and the mixed odors of the people there were getting noxious. The girls were all glassy eyed, looking dreamily at Champ, Hale's lead vocalist. He's preppy, cute in a Chinese Josh Hartnett kind of way. Flashes were going off left and right and almost every girl and some guys all had their camera phones out and videoing the whole thing. I can relate. If it was Jude Law, Hayden Christensen or Orlando Bloom there I would've been dragged out by their bodyguards.

We were talking outside when Juan Miguel (yes, THE Juan Miguel of Torpeh) came out dragging (guess who?) Champ over to us. We got introduced and got to shake his hand. He seems really nice and cuter up close. I know we incurred envious looks from most of the girls there, but I guess we, or should I say I, just got lucky - it was the first time I've ever heard their songs and I already got to meet the much sought-after Champ. Lucky lucky me.

A lot of teasing went on that night, at the expense of Torpeh. Siya kasi eh. But that's gonna be another entry. For now, I'm waiting for Sir Jun B. to finish his talk so that him, Suave and I can haul our as*es over to Angeles this afternoon. I'm getting sleepy, so...

0 Sentiments:

Post a Comment

<< Home