Monday, October 03, 2005

A Spy's/Stalker's Nightmare

OMG! This is in relation to the entry of Torpeh regarding Friendster. It NOW has the feature of enabling you to know who browsed your page. Gosh. Stalking at its finest! I had 150 people checkout my inanimated picture on my profile page last month, and more than half of them are people I don’t know! Maybe they find inanimate objects attractive, feh. I’m more worried in being labeled as a ‘tsismosa,’ which is not really a problem, since I’ve already proclaimed myself as one. But still. It’s unnerving. Prime example: Torpeh’s reaction to her ex (but, well, Torpeh dear, that was such a strong word. Naughty, naughty girl!!! Peace!).

Although it has its merits as well. Got a number of Baldwins who checked me out (I think seeing sunset pictures makes people go a little fuzzy…hehehe). Some of them I do know: one was a cute guy who was a batchmate in AdMU, another was a friend’s friend, another was a batchmate from Taiwan. Did wonders for my ego!!! Hahaha Ü ang babaw! The girls puzzled me in turn. I didn’t put view profiles anonymously to ON, that’ll take out all the fun. And besides, if people are flattered that I checked out their profiles (‘Uy, pinansin niya ako!’), good for them! I like making people feel good about themselves. It gets pathetic, however, if you draw conclusions based on what your profile page tells you (Uy, maybe she likes me/crush niya ako/she’s not over me yet/she’s stalking me, among other variations). It’s the WEB, for crying out loud. Anyone can be anybody on the web. If it happens, it happens. Get a life, and get over it.

But this is another dilemma: how, o how, please tell me, how do I now check out my crush’s Friendster profile page and his blog without him knowing that I snoop around his page for, oh I don’t know, maybe thrice a week? (He blogs regularly, so there! Torpeh, does the feature include how many times someone visited your page? If it does, I’m dead.) I repeat, I am NOT going to set the view profiles anonymously to ‘on.’ Ahhh I know. Turn it on whenever I check out his page and his blog, then turn it off. Ang tedious! All for the knowledge of what he’s doing. S-T-A-L-K-E-R.

Fine. This entry is such an oxymoron.

Nga pala Torpeh, CBG’s Martin Nievera’s getting married on the 29th.

0 Sentiments:

Post a Comment

<< Home