Saturday, September 03, 2005

Symphony of My Heart

My high school friend Mousey and I watched Gary V's concert last Friday in the Big Dome. It was awesome! He performed with the San Miguel Philharmonic Orchestra and the Maestro Ryan Cayabyab. OH MY GOSH. The concert was a winner! Such talented people!!! All the songs were OPM (Mabuhay ang Pinoy!!!)

The first song was "Kailangan Kita" and I admit, I was holding back my tears as Gary sung on stage accompanied by the orchestra. His voice was so full of spirit and passion, and the orchestra played beautifully. It was such a heart wrenching song. As he was nearing the chorus I called Torpeh up coz she just loves this song too. Grabe. Basta. You should hear it. Then he and Sheryn Regis performed a medley consisting of Ryan Cayabyab's songs, the most remarkable (or is it because it's one of my favorites? hehe) of which was "Tuwing Umuulan at Kapiling Ka."

His two sons, as always, performed with their doting dad. Gabriel has a rubber band for a body, seryoso. His father rendered a more upbeat, 'gangsta'-rap version of "Limang Dipang Tao" and they danced. Astig talaga! Ang ganda ng pagkakanta ni Gary at ang galing nilang sumayaw! I am a shameless Gary V fan but you have to believe me that it was really good. Paolo, on the other hand, rocked the coliseum by singing current favorites like "Hari ng Sablay," "Noypi," and "Wag na Wag Mong Sasabihin." Their parents are both very talented people, so what can you expect.

The San Miguel Philharmonic Orchestra was not to be out done, syempre. During the intermission they performed the songs "Bikining Itim" (slow version) and "Katawan" (the theme song of the most fabulous TV sitcom before the telenovela/teleserye of Spanish, Filipino and Asian era, Palibhasa Lalake). I never thought an orchestra would be able to play such beerhouse songs and pull it off! They made it sound so classy, elegant and brilliant! Ang galing talaga ng Pinoy! (Note my exclamation points in my descriptions. Halatang nag-enjoy ako sobra =))

Other guests were Erik Santos (sigh. He has the looks and he has a very soothing voice. I don't care what people say about his uh, gender orientation. He has talent, period!) and Regine Velasquez, who sang "The Prayer" with him.

Gary's performance was not like his usual repertoire of fast, danceable songs, but nonetheless, the passion and the spirit behind was the same. He was still Mr. Pure Energy as he sang jazz and acoustic versions of his well-known singles. Songs that made tears come into my eyes were Freddie Aguilar's "Anak" (a separate entry will be made for that song), "How Did You Know" (his rendition always makes me feel na ang sarap sarap ma-in love =)) and "I Will Be Here" (a real tearjerker for me because of the message of the song). I know that all these may sound OA and exaggerated, but that's me. I know it's because it was Gary V who was singing, and frankly, he is one of the very few singers who: a. sings for a purpose; b. is really very talented (double emphasis intended); and c. sings from his heart. Not to mention most of his songs touches my mind and my heart. Sweet. Fan talaga niya ako, hehehe.


Mousey, thanks so so much for that night. And for the ride near home. My mum sends her love, hehehe =P and buti naman daw marunong ka nang mag-drive!

This next entry I wrote Friday morning. Captured my raw emotions to the fullest, hehehe.

Burara

Argh. Why is it that I tend to lose things that are expensive? Why can’t I lose cheap, easily replaceable things? P*cha. My mum will definitely kill me if she knew I lost my baunan yesterday (which costed a couple of thousand pesos). Nakakainis!

Are girls more burara than guys? Hay. Just to list the things I’ve lost during the past two years:

1. My one and only branded RL blazer, given also by my mum (she still doesn’t know I lost it)…sigh…fitted very well =(
2. One MNG shirt (I’ve worn it only twice)
3. My 2 week old Lancome powder foundation (grrrrr…)
4. My very first 128MB storage device which I only got to use about five times
5. A pair of gold earrings (also given by mum…lagot na talaga ako)

Well, I haven’t really lost my baunan…not yet, at least. I’m gonna call up Bench Glorietta to see if they found it in one of their dressing rooms.

And besides, it’s not like I lost it on purpose. Argh.

At 10:15 AM: Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!! My baunan’s still there!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Present time:

Another indication that I’m burara: I tend to break expensive things. I broke Shmooshy, and just this afternoon I dropped my watch. It stopped. (Anak ng tokwa…) Now I have to get it fixed and it’s not gonna be pretty. Ang mahal!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

0 Sentiments:

Post a Comment

<< Home