Sunday, August 28, 2005

Scammers bummer-ed

Last Thursday, an unknown cellphone number texted me saying that I won a Nokia 6630 in a raffle. At may DTI Permit number pang nalalaman. The text message told me to call another number (toll free daw eh ibang cellphone number rin. G*go.) to get directions on how to get my so-called prize. It was obviously one of those text scams circulating around the metro. I wanted to report it to NTC but I just had to make a scathing statement to the scammers. So, therefore, I let my inner bitch take over and texted the scammers:

"Sorry, but I don't need a 6630 'coz I already have an 8800. Ang cheap niyo ha."

Good riddance.


Caught Unawares

Suave, Pogito and I were pseudo-hosting a videoke party after our strategic planning in Subic. All our seniors were supposed to sing at least one song, or else, they'd be paying P500 if they didn't. Everything was going well until one of our female SAVPs who was younger (she's in her early 30s), single and has an X-factor went up to the mike and sang a song by the Carpenters entitled "I Need To Be In Love."

"The hardest thing I’ve ever done is keep believing
There’s someone in this crazy world for me
The way that people come and go thru temporary lives
My chance could come and I might never know

I used to say 'no promises, let’s keep it simple'
But freedom only helps you say good-bye
It took a while for me to learn that nothin’ comes for free
The price I’ve paid is high enough for me

(*) I know I need to be in love
I know I’ve wasted too much time
I know I ask perfection of
A quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that’s what I’ll find..."

Somehow the song made me feel sad all of a sudden. Para bang nananadya. Eh tinamaan naman ako. Kainis. It's another reminder of my humanity.


Breaking Up and Breaking Down

One of my guy friends' girlfriend broke up with my friend two days before his birthday party. Oh dear. My heart goes out to both of them. I'm stressed out. I'm praying that those two could settle things in the most loving way possible and that whatever happens, they'd come out of it as stronger human beings. Sigh.


On to other joyous things...

Wheeeee! One member of the Single Since Birth Fan Club is no more! My college friend, Jen, finally took the leap to fly with someone just yesterday, a day before she turned twenty-five! I was ecstatic. Jen and I were such good friends back in college. We've shared our heartaches. Even if I don't know the whole story on how they got together, I'm so ecstatic 'coz I know a big part of her journey that brought her to where she is right now. I'm getting excited just thinking about it! I'm so happy for her. I asled her, "Pwede bang mag-pa-party ako?"


Max Brenner is sixth, Jon is the seventh person

Max Brenner told me last Tuesday, "Yung kutob ko sa iyo, ligaw-kasal ka na."

Last night at a party, Jon told me, "Alam mo, yung sa iyo, one time big time. Kung sino yung una, siya na yun."

Ngiii. We'll see.

0 Sentiments:

Post a Comment

<< Home