Sunday, January 01, 2006

This Year's Promise

First I'd like to share two light hearted things that I know would make everyone who knows me roll their eyes and smile. The first light hearted thing was that I got in touch with my inner jologs on CCAD's year end party last Dec. 29. It happened towards the end of the said party. Ms. Marlette hired Ate Shawie (the only guy who could impersonate Ate Shawie flawlessly! Think Laughline!) for the night and most of the people during that time already left. It was up to Ate Shawie to liven up things a bit so what he did was that he played the theme song of Pinoy Big Brother over the speakers and everyone just went crazy! From the FVPs and guests to the tellers who were there, everyone went to the center and just danced! Wahahahah! Including me (even though I've never, as in never, seen any episode of that program). Ang sarap palang magsayaw nun, hahahaha! I enjoyed myself so much!



Second is that I have new eye candies who are pretty much unreachable. Notice the similarities between them?






Jonathan Bennett from "Mean Girls" and Archie Kao from "CSI." SIGH.


I was talking to one of my close friends last night and he asked me how I'd been this year. I said I was very happy with the way things worked out for me, and I didn't want to change anything in my year, I mean, wala akong gustong balikan. I did everything the way I wanted to, and most of all I have no regrets in stuff that happened or did not happen. I was very happy, and felt more content than I ever felt in a long time. He said that I was one of the few people he knew that was really happy this year. Well, I think I have the answer.

Most of my more personal greetings this new year are from people who know me well. And ALL of them had one underlying theme in their wishes: that I'll fall in love this year. THIS year! Even my relatives were all saying, "Sweetie, it's about time someone sweep you off your feet! That's the ONLY thing missing!" Of course, most of the time I'd just smile and let the remarks pass, but I can't help noticing that everyone's excited for me to find someone. It's too much of a coincidence.

Furthermore, I've been having this gut feeling since November when I was in the Merlion City, that something significant is going to happen to me in 2006, and my instinct tells me that that significant moment concerns that mysterious four letter word: L-O-V-E. I am sincerely excited to see what 2006 has in store for me, and this hope of falling in love is gotta be the best of them all. But the bottomline is: will I let it happen? We'll see!

0 Sentiments:

Post a Comment

<< Home