Thursday, December 15, 2005

Of Shellfish and Cheesy Novels

Hikaru, Ash and I were having lunch the other day, and I told them how ashamed they'd be of me if they were to see how I eat my shellfish at home. Ashamed, because even if I know how to shell shrimps and crabs, I'd always have one of our househelps do it for me, even with guests around, because I'm far too lazy to do so. (But it's only in our house that I do this, ok?)

Hikaru related how she and her ex-boyfriend would argue over meals, since her ex doesn't know how to shell shrimps and crabs and she'd always end up doing it for him all the time. Thus, she cannot eat immediately and that irritated her to no end. Ash, on the other hand, was the one who can't shell crabs (she could do shrimps, though) and in her previous relationship her ex patiently shelled the crabs for her. Problem was, she can eat the crab meat faster than her ex could shell it, so his one-liner was always "o, dahan-dahan naman..."

Not to be outdone, I quipped, "Wala kayo sa ex ko..." after which the three of us erupted into giggles. "Hindi pa siya nagbabalat ng hipon or ng crab para sa akin kasi wala pa siya..." I continued, high-fiving Hikaru across the table. Aaaahhh, the joys of being a member of the SSB Ü


Ukay? Ukay!

Today was the first day of the ukay-ukay at the canteen of the Head Office. I bought three uh, novels by uhm...Barbara Cartland for just Php 20. For those of you who don't know, Barbara Cartland was the predecessor of historical romance (read: cheesy) novel writers like Sandra Brown, Judith McNaught and Shirlee Busbee. The books were printed in 1974, making them older than I am. Yes, I read those kinds of novels wherein the leading men knew how to treat women RIGHT. Just the right amount of Manliness, Possessiveness and Tenderness...sigh... (hahaha I can see Hikaru cackling evilly at the background. I'm such a sap.) Which of course, I think, frustrated me to no end since all the leading men portrayed in those novels don't exist. (Maybe I really should settle for an Imaginary Boyfriend. Or those Genetically Engineered men Hikaru mentioned in her blog.)

Ash, surprisingly, shared my love of the novels written by the best writer of romance novels (ugh cringe cringe even though I love the books), Judith McNaught. My favorite is Once and Always, then Whitney, My Love. Ok, I can hear my guy friends screaming "Yuckkkkk!" in their college-boy accent from the school on The Hill in the background. Ha, they'd never guess in a million years that I looooove that kind of sap. Hehehe. And, oh guys, these novels were the ones that educated me on what happens when a man and a woman, uh...get intimate. I started to figure that out on my junior year in high school when I started reading the stuff. Wahahahahaha. So it's really been an educational experience for me =P all the breathless panting, moans and groans (oh dear, I can see Law and Jayvee having nosebleeds now.) Bad, bad Tabachoy! Hahahahahahahaha!

2 Sentiments:

At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sigh...i miss those swapping days with my own classmates :)

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! i see you're also "mcnaughtized"! i soooo love her books, especially the historical romance novels. there's just something about dukes, marquesses and earls :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home