Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mundane Things


When we sent off our mother hen a few weeks ago, Dan couldn't help but remark about how old we're becoming during the three years we knew each other. "It makes me feel sad," he said, taking a sip out of his San Mig Light. I know exactly what he means. We've grown old so fast in this surreal world called the corporate life. Jaded. His melancholic mood was further aggravated by Torpeh who had this insane way of getting her cash out when we asked for the bill. She actually had a white envelope containing her cash, and was sorting through it as we're paying our bill. "P*cha J--- ano ba yan? Nasa envelope pera mo? Eh mga nanay lang yung gumagawa niyan eh..." Dan said, and the exact same thing was running through my head. I don't blame him for being a little frustrated. I guess it's the fact that slowly, we are manifesting the mannerisms of something that we're not...yet.

On a lighter note, last week I went to CCF's Bible Study on The Da Vinci Code and got to meet Quack's other friends from her DGroup. The funny thing about that night was when Chuck asked me where I worked. I replied, "Security Bank..." but I guess he didn't hear the "bank" part. He thought that I really worked for Security (as in Security Guard). He made gun motions with his hands, and I said, "Oh my gosh...you actually thought I had a gun holster with me???" and everyone on the table erupted into giggles. Quacks quipped, "Actually batuta yung akala niya..." Hay. Can we please expedite (yuk that's such a corporate term) the corporate image enhancement? It's bad enough that the bank's not very well known, but to have me mistaken for a security guard in my uniform??? You gotta be kidding.


I HEART CHOCOLATES




Got an email from the newly appointed Treasury Group Head with a letterhead. A letterhead, for crying out loud. At least some people's dreams are coming true.

Speaking of emails, I got an email inquiry from our Service Quality which came from the bank's website. The email was asking about two of my products, and the sender was (drumroll please) someone I knew from college. Since it was an official email I just drafted the content and attached the prospectus sheets, because I knew that Service Quality will edit and send it using the official email of the bank. Imagine my surprise when I got CC'd on the email they threw back to the inquirer with my name, contact number and email address at the bottom. I had a feeling it's gonna be one of those days...and it was.

He emailed me back using the REPLY TO ALL option, with these actual text:

Hi E-----,

Kamusta na? How's the bigtime banker?........


Bigtime? Banker? These two words DO NOT usually go hand in hand, and I said so in my reply to him. Boy, did I get teased for that bigtime banker remark. But at least it added spice to my otherwise boring day.

1 Sentiments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger glasses said...

Thank you so much for sharing some great ideas of eyeglasses with us, they are helpful.

This eyeglass frames article is definitely eye-opening and inspiring.

This is the best prescription eyeglasses article I have ever found on the Internet.

Excellent point here. I wish there are more and more glasses online articles like that.

Great article, it's helpful to me, and I also like the useful info about eyeglasses online.

I really like this eye glasses article, and hope there can be more great resources like this.

I appreciate your bright ideas in this glasses article. Great work!

I love this cheap glasses article since it is one of those which truly convey useful ideas.

Bright idea, hope there can be more useful articles about eyeglasses frames.

I totally agree with you on the point of prescription sunglasses. This is a nice article for sure.

Great resources of eyewear! Thank you for sharing this with us.

I greatly benefit from your articles every time I read one. Thanks for the cheap eyeglasses info, it helps a lot.

It has been long before I can find some useful articles about prescription glasses. Your views truly open my mind.

Good job for writing this brilliant article of reading glasses.

What an inspiring article you wrote! I totally like the useful girls glasses info shared in the article.

We share the opinion on women glasses and I really enjoy reading your article.

I like your ideas about girls eyeglasses and I hope in the future there can be more bright articles like this from you.

Your do have some unique ideas here and I expect more women eyeglasses articles from you.

You have given us some interesting points on girls eyewear. This is a wonderful article and surely worth reading.

I am glad to read some fantastic women eyewear article like this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home