Wednesday, February 23, 2005

sleepiness...and Constantine

Does anyone know a cure for sleepiness? I've googled that question and most websites say that the cure for daytime sleepiness is ENOUGH SLEEP! And, obviously, I don't get a lot of that. I usually get about 5-6 hours of sleep every night, 7 if I'm lucky (which is about once a week), 8 hours every weekends, and 9 if i'm very, very lucky. My work and the gym take up most of my waking hours, and I always, always, insist in reading something before I sleep every night, even if it's as trivial as a comic section in the daily broadsheets. And that darned game installed in my phone doesn't help - keeps me awake for a few more minutes, me hoping to get a higher score than my previous high score.

I am stressed out. And I have just learned that stress can cause cancer (gasp! nooooo!!!!!). So I'm taking things slow...easy...one at a time. I don't want to die because of that disease.

My friends and I watched Constantine last night (see, one of the reasons why I wasn't able to sleep early last night was because of that gorgeous hunk Keanu Reeves, and I don't care if he's gay darnit! Although luscious Gavin Rossdale was, well...luscious too...ooh lala) and it was worth it, but I'd probably watch it one more time in order to understand some of the parts and words of the actors. There was just one teeny problem. The love angle between Constantine and Angela wasn't thoroughly developed. I'm a romantic at heart, so sue me. Or maybe I just didn't like the way Constantine kept Angela hanging. Because I don't like guys who keep girls hanging, period. Haha, i'm sure most girls out there can relate. Peace out.

PS. The way "Constantine, John Constantine" was said reminded me of "Bond, James Bond."