Sunday, January 02, 2005

the calm before the storm

I did so many things today. I watched one of my cousins pluck and shape her eyebrows with the skill of a highly trained surgeon. I played skribbage with my cousins, read my current thrashy, girlie novel entitled "The Devil Wears Prada" many times over, ate one pack of hello panda biscuits and then two pairs of bread with sweet pork. I read "Left Behind" in one whole day, slept for 12 hours, tinkered with my phone, checked my friendster account and answered so many surveys just to keep my mind off one thing: TOMORROW, January 3, 2005.

Why?

Because tomorrow, I will be going back to being a corporate slave. Deadlines, bosses, resigning boss, targets, budgets, area meetings. Just thinking about it makes me feel so nauseous.

Of course, there's always lunch time and gym time, which I always, always look forward to. And also paydays. Hoo boy. I don't want this day to end. Seriously.