Sunday, January 16, 2005

my mom's premonition

I picked my mom up from the airport this afternoon, and we chatted as I drove us home. She ventured asking me about my lovelife (or rather, the nonexistence thereof) and I, of course told her truthfully that there wasn't someone in my life right now. (There hasn't been anyone at all-I'm still a card carrying member of the Single Since Birth Club and I don't see myself giving up that membership anytime soon. Hehehe) She then said, "Hmm... alam mo, ang kutob ko sa 'yo, kapag nagka-boyfriend ka, yun na."

"...yun na, meaning...yun na yung mapapangasawa ko? Parang yung kay Tin?" I asked.

"Oo. Eh ewan ko lang, magaling ako sa kutuban, di ba?" my mom answered.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. It was nice in a way, because I really believe that the "First and Last" thing could happen, and I'm hoping it will happen to me. But hearing my mom say it made me half-scared. I know I don't want to married yet (heaven forbid). Opened up a lot of topics in my mind. Mothers.