Thursday, May 05, 2005

I WANT A HOLIDAY!!!! VACATION!!! WHATEVER! JUST GET ME AWAY FROM WORK!

I really, really want a loooonnnng holiday for myself. Long, like a month off from work (fat chance of that happening! Especially after this week's developments!) My body is nearly screaming for the beach and Orchard Road.

What I really want to do for the rest of my life is travel and see the world. If I had unlimited income, I would be happily living in some hut by the beach in Morocco, then in a quaint town in Stratford-upon-Avon, and then in a condo in Manhattan, and then...well, you get the idea. There's so much diversity found in the world today, and I am hungry for all that knowledge. I always tell my friends that my dream job was to be one of those hosts from Lakbay TV, Discovery Channel, National Geographic or Star News Asia. Second is to be a flight attendant: that's the next best thing to being a travel show host, I get to go to countries for free. My job right now lets me travel in key Philippine cities for a few days at a time, and I guess that's not so bad after all. This month alone I'll go to Davao, Bacolod and Iloilo, and after doing my stuff for work, I'm free, free, free to spend the day. It's a start.

But before I see the world I'd like to see majority of my own country first. If it weren't for my job right now, the ONLY place I will have ever been to outside of Luzon is Kalibo and Boracay. There's so much beauty in the landscape and the people of the Philippines, it's just sad that most Filipinos don't realize that fact. They think there are greener pastures outside of this country. I admit that we have a long way to go, but COME ON, the pinoy islands and its people are not that bad.

But anyway! Back to my wailings. I really, really want to have a vacation! Mum and I are supposed to take a week off in July to visit my dad and go island hopping and wait for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I just hope I'd be allowed to take that week off...sniff...sniff...