Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Ouch ('ata?)

I believe Jody had a big smile on her face when I told her my results on this particular quiz. She just reworded "I told you so" as a response to me. Picky? Me? Picky? 'Lil ol' moi? Maybe, maybe not.

Mum called some minutes ago to tell me that her college bestfriend, Tita Dette's third and last daughter is getting married next year. Her eldest got married last November, her second is getting married this June. Mum was comically bawling over the phone, saying "Waaahhh, Dette...buti ka pa...!" I mean, what gives?!?!

Maybe I'm not just interested enough. Got a lot to do. Maybe I've already met my match somewhere along the road and I still have to realize it. Maybe I'm destined for single-blessedness.

Or, yeah, maybe I'm just too picky.

But I can't help it. I have non-negotiable values. I have fits. I have my moments of sanity (I'm usually insane). No guy has ever asked me what my standards are. I really don't like discussing my standards in public because they're far too private, even for my close friends. But hey, if a guy gets close enough, he could ask me. Better yet, he could look at my entry below entitled "Wanted: Man With the Following Qualities..." They're pretty easy (a guy friend told me that). O, yun naman pala eh...

I still believe, in God's own time, if it is according to His will for me, I will meet the guy He has chosen for me. I say this without a doubt, and with much faith. That is why I don't date frequently. I have nothing against blind dates or casual dating - it's just not my cup of tea. I hustle for the meantime - I try to learn new things, go to places, read new books, meet new people (not date new people). I try to learn how to cook, to clean the whole house (whew) and have the car tuned up. I have friends who brighten up my day, my parents and brother who love me and continuously drive me crazy, work and gym to keep me occupied, and God to turn to everytime I reach a dead end. I'm not saying I don't need a partner. I'm just saying, if it will come, it will come. And I shall recognize it.

So nevermind the bouts of loneliness paminsan-minsan. It is to be expected. Nevermind the pang of wistfulness I sometimes feel whenever I see couples holding hands. I know my time and his time has not come yet. We're still being prepared for each other (I'd like to think of if that way). He may be as lonely and alone as I am, or he got sidetracked by some girl or some situation right now that our time together has not come yet. We both have to go through the seasons we're going through right now. And by the time we're both ready, I am very sure that when we meet, sparks will DEFINITELY fly.

You Don't Have a Boyfriend Because You are Too Picky

You have no problem attracting guys - and even dating a little
It's just around second or third date time where you start to see faults
If a guy isn't near perfect, you're not into him.
It's good to have standards - but yours rule almost everyone out.

Why Don't You Have a Boyfriend Take This Quiz :-)

Find the Love of Your Life (and More Love Quizzes) at Your New Romance.

1 Sentiments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

girlfriend! you have the right to be picky. ikaw pa! hehehe viva singlehood!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home